Medical billing and coding specialist play a vital role in today’s healthcare industry.
Whether employed by a private practice, hospital, clinic, surgery center, or other setting, medical billers and coders use codes to document patient diagnoses and treatments. Their duties include:
- Reading and analyzing patient records
- Determining correct codes for patient records
- Using codes to bill insurance providers
- Keeping track of patient data
- Managing detailed, specifically coded information
- Maintaining patient confidentiality
Included in this 120-hour program are medical terminology, anatomy and physiology, medical billing functions, insurance guidelines and compliance training, legal and ethical issues, and basic diagnostic and procedural coding. National certification exam through the National Healthcareer Association is included with the program. It is also recommended that students sit for Certified Professional Coder (CPC) exam* offered through AAPC. Textbooks purchased separately.
|Name of Institution||Dates||Schedule||Tuition*||Payment Plan||Registration|
|San Leandro Adult School – San Leandro||2/22/20 – 8/1/20||Saturdays, 9:00 am – 3:30 pm||$2,199|
CTS payment plan
|To pay in full:|